Cookies Policy for Scaffolding Direct
- Strictly Necessary Cookies
- Performance Cookies
- Functionality Cookies
- Targeting Cookies
A detailed description for each of the different cookies is set out below.
To find more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
The cookies used on this website have been categorised based on the ICC UK Cookie guide. A list of all the cookies used on this website by category is set out below.
Strictly Necessary Cookies
Strictly Necessary cookies are essential to let you move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas, shopping baskets and online billing. These cookies allow our website to provide services at your request.
These cookies don't gather any information that could be used for marketing to you or remember your preferences/ID, other than for your current session.
Strictly necessary cookies are used to:
- Identify you as being logged on to this website.
- Remember previous actions when navigating between different pages on this website.
- Remember things like service selections you have made which allow us to provide you with the services you have requested.
- Identify you as being logged in to and members sections within our website
Accepting these cookies is a condition of using the website.
Cookies we consider to be Strictly Necessary:
Performance cookies collect information about how you use our website e.g. which pages you visit most often, and if you experience any error messages. They also allow us to update our website to improve performance and tailor it to your preferences.
These cookies don't collect any information that could identify you all the information collected is anonymous. They will not be used to target adverts to you on other websites.
Performance cookies are used to:
- Provide statistics on how this website is used (including selections that you have made and goods and services that you have viewed, during your use of this website).
- Gather non-user specific data about the usage on this website and provide statistics about how this website is used.
- Provide and track the effectiveness of videos embedded in this website.
- Test different designs on our website.
Where our performance cookies are managed by third parties, we don't allow them to use the cookies for any purpose other than those listed above.
Cookies provided by 3rd parties;
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites please visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Functionality cookies are used to remember the choices you make, e.g. your user name, log in details and language preferences. They also remember any customisations you make to the website to give you enhanced, more personal features.
Functionality cookies are used to:
- Remember settings you've applied such as layout, text size, preferences and colours.
- Providing proactive live chat sessions to help you with support.
- Share information with partners to provide a service on our website. The information shared is only to be used to provide the service, product or function and not for any other purpose.
- Show you when you're already logged in to the website.
- Provide enhanced log-in functionality where you choose i.e. (such as keeping you logged in even when you navigate away from the site).
We will not use functionality cookies to target you with adverts on other websites.
Where our functionality cookies are managed by third parties, we don't allow them to use the cookies for any purpose other than those listed above.
As the name suggests, if you choose not to allow these cookies, the functionality of this website may be affected. It is also possible that by not permitting these cookies, our website won't be able to remember some of the specific services you have chosen.
Targeting cookies collect information about your browsing habits to deliver adverts which are more relevant to you and your interests. They also measure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns.
Targeting cookies are used to:
- Link to social networks like Facebook, who may subsequently use information about your visit to target advertising to you on other websites.
- Provide advertising agencies with information on your visit so that they can present you with adverts that you may be interested in.
All of these cookies are managed by third parties, and you may alternatively use the third parties' own tools to prevent these cookies.
Cookies we consider to be Targeting cookies:
We don't use 'targeting' cookies.
Cookies provided by 3rd parties;
Scaffolding Direct is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Scaffolding Direct may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the digital website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct digital marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.